Harrisburg Area Chamber of Commerce
200 E. Jackson St.
Harrisburg AR 72432
· Harrisburg is the county seat for Poinsett County. The Courthouse is located downtown on Court Square.
· Harrisburg’s population is about 2,288. (2010 census)
· The sales tax is 8.25 %
· Harrisburg is included in the Jonesboro Metropolitan Area.
· The City of Harrisburg has a total area of 2.1 square miles.
· Harrisburg’s festival on the ridge is on the 1st Saturday each June at Court Square.
· Harrisburg hosts the Poinsett County fair each year in August at the fairgrounds.
· The Modern News is our local newspaper. It has been in business since 1880.
· The City of Harrisburg is governed by the Mayor (Randy Mills) and 8 City Council Members (Fonda Eaton, John Hutchison, Lori Howton,
City Service Phone Numbers (Area Code 870 ) Also see www.harrisburgchamber.com
Chamber of Commerce
City Hall 578-5466
Municipal Building/District Court 578-4110
Police Department (non Emergency) 578-2530
Street Department 578-4116
Water and Gas Department 578-5461
Senior Life Activities Center 578-2871
Fire Station 578-4120
The Modern News –Newspaper
Ambulance Service- Medic One
State & County Services Phone Numbers (Area Code 870) Also see www.poinsettcounty.us
Revenue Office 578-5911
Poinsett County Library 578-4465
Department of Human Services 578-5416
Extension Services 578-4490
Health Department 578-4480
Office of Emergency Services 578-4455
Tax Assessor 578-4430
Tax Collector 578-4415
Circuit Clerk 578-4420
County Clerk 578-4410
Veteran Services 578-4438
Harrisburg Post Office 578-2110